Waycare is shaping the future of city mobility, enabling cities to take full control of their roads by providing cities AI driven mobility solutions for smart cities. Waycare’s platform enables municipalities to capitalize on the enormous amount of data coming from various transportation modes, including connected and autonomous vehicles, to improve traffic safety and proactively manage the city’s roads.
WORKING AT WAYCARE:
The Financial Controller will work closely with the CEO to help oversee and manage all financial aspects of the company. Waycare operates in both the U.S. and Israel. the controller will manage budgeting, payroll, forecasting, and manage third-party financial service providers.
- Reporting to the CEO, the Controller will oversee all aspects of company finances, assets, and expenditures.
- Oversee and coordinate the financial planning, forecasting and budgeting process.
- Maintain the company’s system of accounts and recommend new methods for improving efficiency and profitability.
- Experience in a subsidiary controllership or group accounting role, with a proven track record of internal control improvement and implementation.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the approved external auditor.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash. Reconcile bank and investment accounts; manage cash flow. Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to budget.
- Manage the bookkeeping function, working with third party financial service providers, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Lead FP&A (budgets/forecasts); prepare board packs and management summaries.
- Coordinate the Company’s annual year-end audit with the independent auditors.
Education, Experience, and Training required:
- BA/BS in accounting is required and CPA, MBA, or MSA is a plus
- Strong knowledge in Account Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll Processes, etc.
- Technical and comprehensive knowledge of all finance, financial planning, accounting and tax areas of a business including an excellent understanding of GAAP.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to dive into the details as well as understand the big-picture.
- Experience with selecting and implementing account systems.
- Excellent computer skills including all MS Office applications. (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and accounting software Quickbooks.
- Must have strong skills in organization and planning, demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving
Working at Waycare:
When you Join Waycare, you’ll become an integral part of a Waycare’s mission to solve one of the world’s most pressing problems: traffic safety and the future of city mobility.
As a fast-paced growing startup, opportunities will continuously present themselves to you, and it is up to you to grab them with two hands. We believe in full meritocracy, with a competitive salary, an open work environment, and relentless determination to bring meaningful value to our customers.
Job Location: Los Angeles, U.S.