Lead Data Engineer
Waycare’s proprietary deep learning technology provides cities with predictive analytics and real-time decision making tools, enabling proactive traffic and incident mitigation and dynamic real-time traffic flow optimization. As connectivity and innovation in the automotive industry continue to evolve, Waycare will play a vital role in shaping daily movements within our cities.
Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) Waycare predicts locations where dangerous incidents are likely to occur, empowering municipalities to make better-informed, proactive decisions. We are looking for a capable, independent thinker to join our team and make a difference in the world of transportation safety.
In this position you will take a key role in Waycare’s data analytics core team in which you will be challenged to work across a variety of data sets and business needs and to address them by incorporating the latest big data technologies and best practices.
You will be responsible for the design, development and operations of the systems-to-system interfaces, dataflows, APIs, and integration middleware and will be required to work closely with internal and external stakeholders in an organized fashion. To be successful you should have an internal drive to incorporate innovation through exploration, benchmarking, making recommendations, and implementing big data technologies for platforms and would need to develop data integrity algorithms using statistical and ML models. Strong problem-solving skills, proactivity, creativity, communication and organization skills will help you succeed in this role.
- 4+ years of experience as a Big Data Engineer
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, Hive, Scala
- Experience working in AWS or other Cloud Environments
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Experience in the automotive market – a plus
- Versatile and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Quick learner, positive attitude, self-starter and highly self-motivated