Junior Data Engineer
Waycare is shaping the future of city mobility, enabling cities to take full control of their roads by providing cities AI driven mobility solutions for smart cities. Waycare’s platform enables municipalities to capitalize on the enormous amount of data coming from various transportation modes, including connected and autonomous vehicles, to improve traffic safety and proactively manage the city’s roads.
Junior Data Engineer
As a Junior Data Engineer, you will be designing, implementing and maintaining data pipelines and ETLs processes that handle a vast amount of different data sets.
You will work with the different R&D teams to learn how the data serves our goals, come up with ways to improve our data processes, add automation and alerts to validate our data integrity, and by that, help our clients to make the best data-driven decisions to improve the road safety. You will work with a wide array of languages and technologies such as Python, Kotlin, Kafka, Kinesis, Kubernetes and more. We encourage our team to take things end to end; from designing solutions, continuously building and deploying data pipelines, to building and monitoring dashboards. We’re looking for someone who enjoys teamwork but knows how to work independently as well.
- Design, develop, and operate highly-scalable, high-performance, low-cost, and accurate data processing pipelines
- Full Data Development Life Cycle
- Implement and develop different data integrity processes, data validations and tests
- Integrate with different data suppliers such as Connected Vehicles, traffic companies, departments of transportations and more
- Keep up to date with big data technologies, evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge in Python
- Experience working with UNIX/Linux
- Desire to work with data and passionate about manipulating it in order to get the most value out of data sets
- Committed to producing high quality solutions
- Flexible and adaptable communicator who can work collaboratively – Team player
WORKING AT WAYCARE:
When you join Waycare, you will become an integral part of a Waycare’s mission to solve one of the world’s most pressing problems: traffic safety and the future of city mobility.
As a fast-paced growing startup, opportunities will continuously present themselves to you, and it is up to you to grab them with two hands. We believe in full meritocracy, with a competitive salary, an open work environment, and relentless determination to bring meaningful value to our customers.