ITS Data Engineer
Waycare is shaping the future of city mobility, enabling cities to take full control of their roads by providing cities AI driven mobility solutions for smart cities. Waycare’s platform enables municipalities to capitalize on the enormous amount of data coming from various transportation modes, including connected and autonomous vehicles, to improve traffic safety and proactively manage the city’s roads.
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) initiatives have been spearheaded by the U.S. Department of Transportation, with a vision to create a national, multimodal surface transportation system that features a connected transportation environment among vehicles, and the infrastructure and passengers’ portable devices. This connected environment will leverage technology to solve major transportation issues – maximize safety, mobility and environmental performance. This is where the need for a transportation systems integrator comes in.
In this position you will take a key role in Waycare’s projects in which you will be challenged to work with a variety of intelligent transportation system technologies across multiple projects. The ITS Data Engineer job responsibilities include planning, executing, and managing the deployment of new data feeds with the core platform as well as managing and coordinating sub-contractors activities. This will require you to work closely with internal and external stakeholders in an organized fashion. Strong problem-solving skills, proactivity, creativity, communication and organization skills will help you succeed in this role.
- Define, Design and develop the interface points a project wide systems integration plan
- lead the implementation of the systems integration activities while working in close collaboration with customers and contractors to identify and manage integration and interface issues that are inherent to systems integration projects
- Maintain a comprehensive view of projects, beginning with a review of contractual and technical specifications
- Create automated monitoring services to identify and resolve failures in production systems
- Implement the latest best practices in Cyber Security measurement to maintain a secured environment
- Keep up to date with ITS technologies, evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products
- Work with customers and partnering mobility companies to study, analyse and on-board various mobility data feeds.
- Determine budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
- Communicate with the software developers and engineers to address any problem.
- Minimum five years of experience in managing ITS integration projects. ITS systems include numerous devices, such as Variable Message Signs (VMS), Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Ramp Meter Stations (RMS), Microwave Vehicle Radar Detection (MVRD), Travel Time Indicators (TTI), Automatic Traffic Recorders (ATR), Automatic Vehicle Identification (AVI) Readers, Road Weather Information Systems (RWIS), Supervisory Controls and Data Acquisition systems (SCADA), fire detection, and public address systems (PA). In addition, ITS systems include components that make up the communication system, such as conduit, fiber optic cable, and Ethernet switches.
- Knowledge about various architectures and protocols used in the ITS industry such as TMDD, NTCIP, MOM, XSLT, SOA, UDDI, EDA, REST, XML, FTP, WSDL, RTSP and SOAP.
- Knowledge about secure transmissions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Proven ability to perform in a lead capacity and manage engineering staff
- Strong experience with data architecture and application architecture.
- Experience working in AWS or other Cloud Environments.
- Excellent organization and planning skills – document control and reporting.
- Versatile and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Quick learner, positive attitude, self-starter and highly self-motivated
WORKING AT WAYCARE:
When you Join Waycare, you’ll become an integral part of a Waycare’s mission to solve one of the world’s most pressing problems: traffic safety and the future of city mobility.
As a fast-paced growing startup, opportunities will continuously present themselves to you, and it is up to you to grab them with two hands. We believe in full meritocracy, with a competitive salary, an open work environment, and relentless determination to bring meaningful value to our customers.