Waycare is shaping the future of city mobility, enabling cities to take full control of their roads by providing AI-driven mobility solutions for smart cities. Waycare’s platform enables municipalities to capitalize on the enormous amount of data coming from various transportation modes, including connected and autonomous vehicles, to improve traffic safety and proactively manage the city’s roads.
WORKING AT WAYCARE:
When you join Waycare, you’ll become an integral part of Waycare’s mission to solve one of the world’s most pressing problems: traffic safety and the future of city mobility.
As a fast-paced, fast-growing startup, opportunities will continuously present themselves to you, and it is up to you to grab them with two hands. We believe in a full meritocracy, with a competitive salary, an open work environment, and relentless determination to bring meaningful value to our customers.
Waycare is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our team!
- Work with diverse data sources to gain insight into the traffic patterns of cities
- Discover regularities and detect irregularities in near-real-time
- Provide predictions about high-risk areas and events that may adversely impact regular road operations and suggest ways to mitigate them
- Study and develop models of traffic flow under various conditions and constraints
- Work with other data scientists as well as other teams (Product, Back-End and Data) to define problems and solutions that better the lives of citizens, and implement them from concept to production
- 3+ years of experiment as Data Scientist
- B.Sc in a technical field (Math, Physics, CS, EE, and the likes), M.Sc preferred
- Experience with data science technologies such as: Python’s Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, Scikit
- Solid understanding of the basics (ML algos, statistics)
- Experience in bringing a project from concept to working prototype, preferably to production
- Strong coding abilities – production-grade code
- Good product understanding – beyond a scientific problem
- Self-sufficient – able to translate high-level requirements into specific problems, solve them and end up with a working product to be integrated.
- Time series forecasting
- Deep learning (specifically of the time series\LSTM variety)
- Research projects in classical ML\DS.