Big Data Tech Lead
https://twitter.com/WaycareTech Waycare Tech
Waycare is shaping the future of city mobility, enabling cities to take full control of their roads by providing cities AI driven mobility solutions for smart cities. Waycare’s platform enables municipalities to capitalize on the enormous amount of data coming from various transportation modes, including connected and autonomous vehicles, to improve traffic safety
and proactively manage the cities roads.
As a Big Data Tech Lead, you will take a key role in a small, dynamic team building a highly scalable distributed infrastructure involving real time data arriving from connected vehicles, smart cities, IOT devices and other sources. You will be using cutting-edge technologies and numerous cloud services to enable the massive growth of the scale of the data and product.
You will be solving hard problems employing machine learning algorithms to identify traffic patterns that promote road safety.
- Technology leading of real time data driven infrastructure (20b data points per day).
- Design, implement and lead features and infrastructure cloud based elements for near-real time B2G SaaS platform by using cutting edge technologies and tools.
- Lead & mentor other developers from the technology aspect – design & code review, solving problems together.
- Corporate with Algo team to integrate data savvy algorithms in real time flow.
- Working closely with the Devops Engineer regarding cloud infrastructure, dev flows, CI/CD and more.
- Technological research to find the best solution and best practices for Waycare Goals, includes Big Data streaming/batch processing and AI challenges.
- Making the world a better place by unique products with short release cycles and guaranteed users feedback.
- Getting things done – be proactive, initiate, and not stop until tasks are completed.
- Big data, sql/nosql technologies – like: Spark, Spark-streaming, Storm, Kafka, Flink, Hive, Athena, Postgres, Redis, Kinesis, ElasticSearch etc.
- 6+ years of experience in building and delivering production code using JVM based solutions or similar.
- Experience in AWS/GCP/Azure and Docker/Kubernetes in production.
- Designing and Implementing different Architecture approaches such as Micro-Services, Distributed Architecture, Event-driven architecture etc.
- 2+ years experience with python – advantage
- Deep Knowledge of security elements including OWSAP – advantage
- Bsc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering or graduates of military technological units (Mamram, 8200) – advantage
WORKING AT WAYCARE:
When you join Waycare, you will become an integral part of a Waycare’s mission to solve one of the world’s most pressing problems: traffic safety and the future of city mobility. As a fast-paced growing startup, opportunities will continuously present themselves to you, and it is up to you to grab them with two hands. We believe in full meritocracy, with a competitive salary, an open work environment, and relentless determination to bring meaningful value to our customers.