Backend Team Lead
Waycare is shaping the future of city mobility, enabling cities to take full control of their roads by providing AI driven mobility solutions for smart cities. Waycare’s platform enables municipalities to capitalize on the enormous amount of data coming from various transportation models, including connected and autonomous vehicles, to improve traffic safety and proactively manage the city’s roads.
Due to the rapid growth we need a person to raise the bar of our overall server side infrastructure, and create, maintain, and enhance end-to-end features, processes, and practices within the R&D department.
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO:
- Lead the backend team including full ownership for backend components.
- Take a leading role shaping our next generation platform, focusing on high performance, high throughput and efficient resource utilisation.
- Design, implement and lead features and infrastructure cloud based elements for near-real time B2G SaaS platform by using cutting edge technologies and tools.
- Technological research to find the best solution and best practices for Waycare Goals, includes Big Data streaming/batch processing and AI challenges.
- Making the world a better place by unique products with short release cycles and guaranteed users feedback.
- Take an active part in building the foundation for waycare dev workflows, taking CI/CD into the next level.
- A Professional – who is able to drill down into the complexities of our system, and is fact/data-driven.
- Getting things done – as the owner of the server side: be proactive, initiate, and not stop until tasks are completed.
- 6+ years of experience in building and delivering production code using JVM based solutions with deep knowledge in Java, Spring, Gradle and related frameworks.
- 3+ years of experience as Team lead or Tech lead in an Agile-Scrum environment.
- Big data, sql/nosql technologies – like: Spark, Kafka, Flink, Hive, Athena, Aurora/Postgres, Redis, Kinesis, ElasticSearch.
- Experience in developing scalable, concurrent, low-latency, fault tolerant systems
- Ability to manage, track and identify risks, bottlenecks and challenges ahead of time, and oversee technical coordination to resolve them
- Enthusiastic about code quality, architecture, design, testing, and performance
- Experience with CI/CD procedures
- Experience in AWS/GCP/Azure and Docker/Kubernetes in production.
- Bsc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering or graduates of military technological units (Mamram, 8200).
- 2+ years experience with python – advantage
- Deep Knowledge of security elements including OWSAP – advantage