Waycare is shaping the future of city mobility, enabling cities to take full control of their roads by providing cities AI driven mobility solutions for smart cities. Waycare’s platform enables municipalities to capitalize on the enormous amount of data coming from various transportation modes, including connected and autonomous vehicles, to improve traffic safety and proactively manage the city’s roads.
As the Head of Product Development, you will be responsible for designing and launching new products across Waycare’s platform solutions. In this position, you will build scalable, successful products that directly improve the lives of our customers. To achieve this goal, you will work hand-in-hand with the engineering team. The position will report directly to the CEO. If you are passionate about the future of transportation and you get excited by building data-driven solutions that will save lives, this is the perfect role for you.
- Be a focal point for all product-related conversations and decision making.
- Define and own the product development roadmap
- Analyze empirical data on users’ behavior; collect and analyze feedback to orient the product evolution.
- Defining and communicating product plans from conception to launch
- Analyzing the results of a new product or feature launch and creating the plan to iterate and build new features.
- Prioritizing features based on business impact and available resources
- Proactively filling communication gaps amongst all team members
- Contributing to technical conversations around deadlines and engineering solutions
- Making magic out of the complicated and antiquated municipal transportation industry through intense focus on simplification and starting with minimal viable products.
- Understand Waycare’s customer’s experience, multi-faceted operations, transportation ecosystem, competitive differentiation and the role we play now and into the future in shaping the future of mobility
- Research how the industry evolves, incorporate this into our product’s thinking
- At least 5 years of experience in product development leadership roles, delivering enterprise-facing products
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in either computer science/engineering, a quantitative domain like math/stats/physics, or economics)
- Discipline, knowledge and passion for product innovation – A transportation/new mobility background is ideal, but not required.
- Significant experience in creating cloud-based operational products
- Ability to demonstrate superior organization skills, allowing you to stay on top of your work and your team’s deliverables and dependencies.
- Experience in a small to medium sized startup, or a strong ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, often under pressure and the ability to handle ambiguity – Experience working with teams in different locations, a plus.
- Decisiveness and the ability to make difficult judgment calls regarding product direction, functions, and priorities
- An interest in constantly developing and learning
- A technical background is beneficial but is not a must-have
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- The ability to question, understand and challenge software implementation decisions and priorities.
WORKING AT WAYCARE:
When you Join Waycare, you’ll become an integral part of a Waycare’s mission to solve one of the world’s most pressing problems: traffic safety and the future of city mobility. As a fast-paced growing startup, opportunities will continuously present themselves to you, and it is up to you to grab them with two hands. We believe in full meritocracy, with a competitive salary, an open work environment, and relentless determination to bring meaningful value to our customers.
Job Location: Los Angeles, U.S. or Tel Aviv, Israel
|Job Category||Product Development|